We all make excuses at some stage. And we most often all use the same ones. But often, they are excuses of the mind and not a reality. Have you hit a wall and unable to progress further? Don't cling to those empty beliefs. Following are some simple action steps to help you move on.
- I am too stressed out.
- I don’t believe I can.
- I don’t have the time.
- I don’t have the energy
- I’m too emotional
- I’ll always be the way I am
- I’m afraid I’ll make a mistake.
- I’m too sick.
- I’m too sceptical.
- I can’t do it alone.
Our mind can paralyse us from doing what we can and want to do.
We need to have both discipline and determination in order to succeed, your attitude will certainly have a huge impact on whether you will succeed or not. Ask your self “is it fear of Failure, or fear of Success?” Our mind gathers evidence from the excuses point of view. Start gathering “why not’s” little voices and remind yourself of your own capability.
Accept responsibility for your actions, and implement solutions instead of clinging to the empty beliefs.
- Clarify your goals;
- Make them SMART goals.
- Take some action - the first steps are always the hardest.
- Tell your self you will succeed.
- Spread the word of your goals by telling others what you intend to do, this reinforces your own belief of actions.
- Have a friend keep you to task.
- Generate Enthusiasm about your up and coming success.
- Bounce Back from Setbacks.
- Achieving small successes helps you to the next task.