- Clear your mind and start with new thoughts: You cannot add new ideas to an over-filling cup. So hopefully, over the Christmas period, you have allowed yourself a little, me time to clean your own cobwebs out, reflect, and develop new energies and themes.
Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.
- Clean your spaces and get things in order. Freshen up your business as if you were starting again. It is amazing how we overlook the little things in front of us every day. Business changes, people’s needs change, and products change fast these days. It is a bit like the painted sign out the front that you don’t look at because it is right above you. It might need a lick of paint!! Or dust for cobwebs. Just like a spring clean. How can you make your business look and feel fresh for 2022?
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
- Focus your energy on how and what you want your business to achieve in 2022. Where focus goes, energy flows is not just a concept that helps in appreciating life – it’s a powerful tool in achieving your goals. When you have a clear vision of your goal and devote your energy and focus to it, ordinary time-sucks like social media, saying yes to things you really want to say no to and losing track of time effortlessly fall away. All of us have downtime – the time between work, errands, family time, etc. – that we can take advantage of. Having a clear result or outcome and learning how to focus your energy on it immediately changes your behavior, giving you the momentum you need to take small actions daily that will lead to geometric results. When you embrace an “energy flows where attention goes” lifestyle, you become more mindful of each thought and subsequent behavior because you see the bigger picture.
Energy flows where attention goes.
- Use the power of your mindset to stay focused. Self-talk is so powerful it can make or break not only our business but also ourselves. Our positive thinking and approach to life’s hiccups, our confidence in taking on new challenges, and overcoming our deepest fear to be powerful beyond measure is in our power. We have it all within us.
Healthy mind, healthy body, healthy soul, healthy business.
- Overcoming excuses and obstacles. Bright shining stars, I call them. We all have them; if you’re creative, there is often more. You find 10 million things to do that are not really your focus. As humans, we are fantastic at picking from a wide range of excuses to limit our capabilities. From avoiding the gym to studying for an exam, it's easy to come up with excuses about why we can't follow through on the things that are “important, but not urgent”.
The truth is: We all make excuses from time to time. This is a simple habit that we use to rationalize “why” we didn't follow through on a specific commitment. That said, if you've developed a bad habit where you make excuses all the time, then it might be time to curb this behavior (and of course, not make excuses about why you can't start today.)
You can make excuses, or you can make it happen, but you can’t do both
- Making a commitment set about creating SMART Goals. Not too many, 3-5 is good to focus on. People with goals are 42% more likely to achieve. Opportunities don’t happen; you create them.
The clearer your goals, the easier to implement.
- Making yourself accountable, tracking your progress, and talking to someone increases our success by 72%. Make yourself accountable by engaging a mentor or coach.
Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It’s helping them to learn rather than teaching them.
I don’t have a crystal ball, but it is best to prepare for every possible outcome in times of uncertainty. By keeping these tips in mind, you’ll effectively match your productivity to your priorities, and your purpose will drive your profits.
It is not the cards you are dealt; it is the way you play them.
May your new year be filled with new opportunities and challenges that engage your heart and fulfill your dreams
Download your 2022 Goal Planner for Free, fill it out and see where your goals will take you in 2022.
Need to know more or someone to support and guide you through your business ideas and development process?
Why not start your New Year with fresh eyes……
Affordable packages to suit Small Business of any size and at any stage.
Contact us on 0418 769 531 for more info or join in with our monthly
Networking Breakfasts 7am - 9am Breakfast and Coffee inclusive
Join in a small Networking Breakfast:
Meet like minded business people
Share resources and Ideas
Collaborate and create Alliances and joint ventures
Gain new business referrals
Cost: $25.00 per person or bring a new face for $40 for 2
Dates: Networking Breakfasts run monthly 1st Wednesday
Or: Please fill out expression of interest form below and fax back to 07 3297 0333 or contact Helen Cowley 0418 769 531