- Make sure you have plenty of stock to carry you through this period. You can’t sell off empty shelves. A good way to work out how much stock will be enough is to review your stock levels and sales from last year’s holiday season.
- Some of your suppliers may shut down for a period over Christmas and New Year period, so find out when they’re available to deliver stock, and if necessary contact other suppliers to see if they are able to help plug any gaps.
- It can be a stressful time for your staff, so offer them a quick refresher in providing a great customer experience.
- Make sure your Christmas roster is prepared well in advance, so you can maximise your staff resources and cope with the increase in demand. Another reason why it’s good to give your staff plenty of notice and options of the roster over the Christmas period, as they’ll likely want to take time off to be with their family.
WHAT TO DO WHEN IT'S QUIET?
Use that off-season time to plan, so that you can hit the ground running when the busy season kicks off. There are some really productive ways to put that quiet time to use:
- Get your budget sorted out. If you need cash from the busy period to carry you through the quiet time, budget accordingly. More on this here.
- Give your business a facelift – if you have a retail business there’s nothing like a lick of paint and some new signage to freshen things up.
- Start organising the staff you’re going to need so you’ve got enough time to train your new employees and you're ready to roll as soon as business picks up.
- Consider some professional development. If there are courses you could take to give you an edge in your business, such as our "Build a Better Business" program or "Turn Your Ideas Into Reality" , take advantage of the quiet time to hone your skills.
- Review your Marketing plan and or Business Plan, make sure your website and other advertising materials are up-to-date. Join our "Planning Day" on January 15th 2016
- And of course, take time to put your feet up and enjoy the quiet period – after a busy season, you deserve it.
Phone: 0418 769 531 or contact us by email