Mentoring - your guide in providing support, giving feedback and someone to talk over your business with.
Being a small business owner can be quite isolating – take advantage of Helen’s knowledge and experiences, use Helen as a bouncing board to discuss ideas, issues, Helen loves to support and share ideas for the benefit of her clients. Mentoring is development driven.
Helen’s Mentoring is about encouraging, challenging, nurturing, teach and responding to whatever needs her client may have to develop themselves and their businesses. “Together we work together on whatever you need to help you achieve your goals and aspirations”.
Successful mentoring relationship last at least 6 months and can be a lot longer.
SBIS is contracted to deliver the following Government Subsidised mentoring program
Australian Small Business Advisory Services (Australian Federal Government funding)
Greater Brisbane Advisory Services in Queensland
Career Employment Australia Inc (CEA) – including the Business Enterprise Centre – Brisbane Metro – in partnership with Regional Development Australia (RDA) Brisbane and Wynnum Chamber of Commerce will support businesses in the Greater Brisbane region (Brisbane, Redlands, Logan, Ipswich and Moreton Bay) through an additional 1650 services per year for the next three years.
The focus of the ASBAS program is to deliver additional services to business in the following five streams:
- Funding avenues and financial analysis (guidance on available banking and finance products, how to present finance bids, effective cash flow management processes and financial data interpretation and referrals to accounting advice) ;
- Building your business (diagnostic assessment of current business operations, followed by business planning advice that meets identified needs; assistance in preparing marketing plans on promotional opportunities and advertising options; guidance on entering new markets and the feasibility of new business ideas, including exporting products or services);
- Making the most of your talent and team (guidance on human resource strategies, including recruitment, employment and occupational health and safety (OH&S) requirements; advisory service meetings and networking opportunities; talent recruitment and retention tools; training programmes to inform enterprising people about significant new regulations and/or relevant Australian Government business initiatives);
- Management capabilities (assistance with creating, reviewing and implementing business plans, assessing and improving supply-chain management, succession planning and creating security over leased premises or intellectual property; assistance to access appropriate legal advice, including on licencing, retail tenancy, intellectual property and credit management); and
- Digital engagement implementation (advice and assistance on e-commerce take-up; advice and assistance with information technology and broadband services issues; advice on adopting technology concepts to assist with marketing, managing and growing ideas)
This project will support a range of service delivery mechanisms including:
- one-on-one tailored business advisory services
- face-to-face meetings
- virtual/online meetings
- small group training for up to 10 people at a time
- access to mentoring networks in the defined geographical region of this project.